We wanted a static website for all the usual reasons (speed, security, etc), and decided to use hugo because:
- It’s popular, and consequently has many resources on how to customize and setup a site.
- Is simple to install because it’s a single statically compiled binary.
- It has a lot of features, including i18n support which we eventually want to use to have translated versions of our blog posts.
We’re using netlify to host the website because:
- Automatically rebuilds and deploys the website when we push a change to the repo.
- Support for custom domains and automatic HTTPS.
- Has a great CDN ensuring speedy delivery and availability for our website across the globe.